· Applicable for foreign research scholars who desire to undertake research in India.
· Applicable for Professors, teachers and scholars who are invited as visiting faculty by an Indian Institute/University.
· Original Letter of Admission from the Indian Institute / University
· Recommendation Letter from the Institute / University of the applicant
· Six sets of duly completed Form for Research Visa
· Other documents as specified in the Checklist
All visa applications submitted at the Indian Visa Application Centre [i.e. by the ordinary passport holders] and at the Embassy [i.e. by Diplomatic, Official and Public Affairs Passport holders] are only accepted in the online form. Online application form can be accessed at the following link:
Online Visa Application
For information regarding Online Visa Application click here.
Information regarding Online Visa Application is also available at the website of India Visa Application Center, Beijing - www.blsindia-china.com.
Note: It is a mandatory requirement to ensure that applicant’s photo is 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm) in size with white background. Photos which do not meet this specification will not be accepted. The Indian Visa Application Centre also have a photo booth facility (on payment basis) meeting these standards for applicants choosing to submit their application in person.
Checklist for Research Visa applications
Application for approval of Research Project
Additional form to be filled by all foreign nationals
Online Visa Form
India Visa Application Centre
Registration by Foreigners
Contact details of FRROs/FROs